Since I’m trapped inside while Hurricane Irma passes us by, I thought this is a great time to clean my makeup brushes! Never thought of cleaning your makeup brushes before? Consider these reasons why you should:
- Bacteria, dirt and dust buildup: The bushes pick up the natural oils in your face as well as primer and foundation. This provides a moist rich environment which is a breeding ground for bacteria. And if you have a cut or nick on your face like a pimple or freshly tweezed hair? That’s bad news.
- Clogged Pores: All this makeup, dirt and dust you continuously transfer to your face can clog your pores.
- Breakouts: See above. Nuff said.
- Bristle Health: Regular cleaning helps to keep your bristles soft. If you don’t clean your brushes they become stiff and lose their form which can cause redness and skin irritation.
- Uneven Application: Brushes with multiple color and texture residue can make perfecting that “look” a bit of a challenge. Colors mix and streak and become impossible to blend well. All this adds time and frustration to your routine.
Furthermore, commercial cleaners contain toxins or alcohol which may break down animal hairs, putting your brush investment at risk! And don’t share you makeup tools with anyone – friends don’t let friends get pinkeye.
Don’t have any high quality brushes? Try Savvy Minerals Makeup Brush Set! It includes five essential makeup application brushes, plus a stylish and convenient carrying case. Each soft makeup application brush is made from high-quality synthetic fibers that are designed to hold the optimal amount of product and provide easy makeup application and a luxurious feel. Each brush is designed to work well with the texture of Savvy Minerals by Young Living powders.
- Foundation Brush
- Blush Brush
- Veil Brush
- Blending Brush
- Eyeshadow Brush
- Carrying Case
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.