Pine Essential Oil
Pine essential oil is steam distilled from the needles of the Pinus sylvestris tree, which originates in Austria, the United States, and Canada.
For those that celebrate Christmas, there is nothing quite like the sounds, the visions and the SMELLS of the holiday season. Fresh wassail simmering on the stove, Peppermint treats tempting your sweet tooth, and of course the wonderfully festive scent of the Christmas Tree.
I don’t know about you, but the scent of pine is like a time machine for me. It puts me right back into my living room, sitting around a live tree with twinkling lights and more wrapped presents than any child should ever have a right to. Of course now we are older and some may still get a live tree with others have opted for the convenience of an artificial tree. But instead of those harsh, chemical laden “pine scent in a bottle” sprays, why not get the next best thing to a real tree – OIL from a REAL TREE!!
But be careful…according to wikipedia, synthetic pine oils accounted for 90% of sales as of 2000. Young Living oils are 100% pure, authentic oils that you and your family can use with full peace of mind.
Not only does this oil remind me of the holidays, Pine essential oil has a refreshing and empowering aroma. When diffused, this oil has a calming scent.
It is also an important ingredient in Young Living’s RC blend which I love to use in the shower. When the steam interacts with RC (or Pine) is it invigorating and energetic.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Diffuse alone or with Idaho Balsam Fir and Cedarwood to transform your home into a virtual forest!
- Collect pine cones, clean and bake for 30 minutes at 200°. Generously add pine essential oil to pine cones. Seal in a ziploc bag for 2-3 weeks. Remove from bag and place in tree to infuse your living area with the power of pine.
- No pine cones? Use rattan sticks! Add pine essential oil and place strategically throughout the tree.
- There is a reason why Pine-Sol has been a traditional popular cleaner – the scent of pine is crisp and clean. Add to your favorite cleaner to enjoy the scent all year round.
- Diffuse in the car while driving around looking at holiday lights.
- Add to your shower or bath and inhale deeply for a rewarding experience.
- Make Terra Cotta ornaments with the kids and infuse them with the power of pine!
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.