Peppermint has a high menthol content and it is also the oil that first convinced me to try essential oils. Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort.
It may also support your performance during exercise when ingested or added to water during physical activity
How to use: For internal use. To use as a dietary supplement, add to food, water or other beverages. Can also place a few drops in a vegetable capsule and take internally to support overall wellness.
- Refreshing taste: invigorating! Refreshing! Exhilarating! Apply a drop to your thumb and place on roof of mouth
- Tea: enjoy a drop in hot tea or cocoa for a minty boost.
- Support healthy digestion: Add a drop to your water or tea to support gastrointestinal system comfort and healthy bowel function.*
- Water: drinking Peppermint Vitality in water may support performance during exercise.*
- Baking: Substitute 1/8 tsp of peppermint Vitality for 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- Coffee: Add two drops of Peppermint Vitality essential oil along with a spoonful of hot chocolate mix to your morning coffee. Mocha Peppermint coffee!
- Make PEPPERMINT PATTIES!
- 1/2 cup organic, unfractionated (the solid kind) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- Mix or beat oil, honey, and vanilla until smooth
- Add Peppermint essential oil. Start small and add as you go. Taste testing as you go is the best part!
- Place mixture in freezer for 10-15 minutes so it can harden.
- Divide coconut mixture into 12 portions and roll into balls. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet
- If you’d like, flatten balls with the bottom of a glass.
- Place tray back in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While mixture is in freezer, melt chocolate chips so they have time to cool slightly (otherwise they’ll melt your discs)
- Take mix out of freezer and dip in chocolate. replace onto sheet and put back in freezer to firm up
- Store in fridge for a cool summer treat!
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.