Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa, also known as lemon balm, has a grassy, sweet lemon scent that is pleasant, uplifting, and encouraging. When used aromatically or topically, Melissa is very soothing and can help promote feelings of relaxation. The main chemical constituents of Melissa are geranial and neral which gives this oil it’s lemon scent and makes it a popular oil to use in perfumery.
Because it takes a tremendous amount of Melissa plant material to create a pure, unadulterated essential oil this is one of the most expensive essential oils and, unfortunately, one of the most adulterated. Do not be fooled; if you see cheap Melissa essential oil then it is not pure. Young Living cultivates, harvests, and distills many of their essential oils themselves, and can therefore verify their purity from start to finish.
The St. Maries farm, where Melissa is cultivated, has never been contaminated by industrial chemicals. Previous to Young Living’s 1992 purchase of the land for the St. Maries farm, this area had never been exposed to chemicals, pesticides, or man-made fertilizers. This pristine condition makes the 200 acres of soil perfect for the cultivation of botanicals such as melissa, lavender, and tansy.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Diffuse Melissa to create a soothing and calming atmosphere in the home or office.
- Make that big presentation with confidence – apply a couple of drops to your palms and inhale. The calming effect will let your hard work shine!
- After a long day, take a soothing bath infused with epsom salts and Melissa essential oil.
- Hosting your in-laws? First date jitters? Wear topically on your pulse points for those days when you know you’ll need that extra calming influence.
- Diffusing Melissa in the bedroom at night can be a wonderful and aromatic way to promote a good night’s sleep.
Give your skin an invigorating boost by applying Melissa essential oil. Add Melissa oil to your moisturizer or to a spray bottle with water and spritz your face.
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.