Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass essential oil is for use aromatically and topically while Lemongrass Vitality essential oil is a dietary oil and therefore can be ingested.
Originating in Southeast Asia, Lemongrass essential oil is distilled from the leaves and woody stalks of the lemongrass plant. With a subtle citrus-herb scent, Lemongrass oil offers a sophisticated and relaxing aroma that transforms your home’s environment.
Try diffusing Lemongrass for an aroma that can inspire a sense of clarity and relaxation for you and your whole family. Enhance that relaxing aroma by adding Lemongrass oil to your cleaning products, dishes, and laundry. Add 3–4 drops in a sink full of dishes, a load of laundry, or your all-purpose cleaner formula for an exotic, clean-smelling boost. Its relaxing aroma also makes it a great complement to post-workout massage.
Lemongrass is a key ingredient in En-R-Gee™, Ortho Ease® Massage Oil, and Ortho Sport® Massage Oil.
Features and Benefits:
- Has skin-cleansing properties
- Purifies the air from bad odors
- Reduces musky aromas in moist, damp environments
- Enhances massage after activity
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents neral, geranial, limonene, and beta-caryophyllene
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Diffuse: I LOVE the scent of Lemongrass!! To fill your home with the clean and refreshing scent, diffuse 8–10 drops in your favorite diffuser and add a few drops to your cleaning formulas.
- Meditate: Diffuse or apply a drop of Lemongrass to your temples to support positive meditation and promote calm and relaxing feelings. It may also be used for a daily boost of encouragement by putting a drop or 2 in your hands and inhaling
- Outdoors: Diffuse Lemongrass alone or with Citronella to help enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
- Bath: Mix Lemongrass with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and apply to your feet following a warm bath to encourage relaxation.
- Clean: Use this oil as a cleansing agent to help purify surfaces. Add it to Thieves® Household Cleaner or add 20–30 drops in a small spray bottle of distilled water and use it on countertops. For furniture polish, use the same mixture, adding ½ cup olive oil to protect and nourish wood furniture.
- Shower gel: Lemongrass supports healthy skin. Use Lemongrass in Young Living’s Bath & Shower Gel Base for a clean, refreshing aroma at bath time.
- Workout: Dilute Lemongrass with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex for massage after workouts, sports, or just a long and busy day. The fresh aroma will help you unwind.
- Air freshener: Make your own substitute for chemical-based air fresheners. Add up to 10 drops to a small spray bottle filled with distilled water and spritz over carpets, furniture, and linens to eliminate stale odors
- Nails: Combine with Tea Tree oil and rub into fingernails and toenails to help them look and feel clean.
Skin: Add Lemongrass to your nightly face regimen for its skin-cleansing benefits.
- Make a Citronella and Lemongrass floating candle bowl to help you enjoy the outdoors annoyance free: https://www.youngliving.com/blog/diy-citronella-floating-candle-bowl/
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.