Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is used topically and aromatically while Rosemary Vitality essential oil is dietary and therefore can be ingested.
Rosemary oil is steam distilled from a perennial shrub with needle-like leaves that can remain evergreen in warmer climates. The botanical, which is part of the mint family, is native to Mediterranean regions and has blue or purple flowers that give it an understated beauty. The familiar scent of Rosemary essential oil—as well as its robust, herbaceous aroma—has made it popular in aromatic and personal care products.
Rosemary essential oil uses include topical application and direct inhalation, and its complex, woodsy aroma can help create an energizing environment and promote a sense of clarity. In fact, you can find this powerful oil in Young Living’s Thieves® and En-R-Gee™ blends.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Diffuse to freshen the air and enjoy a woodsy, energizing aroma
- Combine 1 drop Rosemary with 4 drops V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply to a freshly washed face to help cleanse.
- Add 10–15 drops to shampoo or conditioner for healthier-looking hair.
- Diffuse when working on a project or homework to promote concentration. Try diffusing a blend of essential oils that offers an energizing, refreshing, and grounding aroma. The combo of Rosemary, Citrus Fresh™, and Cypress provides just that!
- Use in a dry shampoo for those in-between wash days
- Blend with wintergreen and V-6 for a cooling and relaxing massage. Blend with lavender and V-6 for a stress reducing massage.
- Make a hair mask! Warm 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 1 tablespoon honey for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Add 3 drops Rosemary oil and mix together. Apply to the hair shaft, especially the ends, put on a shower cap, and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse out the mask, then wash and dry hair as usual.
- Head Tension: Make our DIY head tension roll-on using Peppermint essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, and M-Grain™ essential oil blend.
- Spritz away stinky odors and sticky counters with a Rosemary-infused DIY cleaner. Combine 1 capful Thieves® Household Cleaner, 2 drops Rosemary, 2 drops Lemon, and 2 cups water in a glass spray bottle.
- Add 1 drop of Rosemary essential oil to the center of an Easy Breeze™ Awakening Shower Steamer for an extra-invigorating showertime boost!
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.