Sage Vitality™ Essential Oil
Sage essential oil is used aromatically and topically while Sage Vitality essential oil is a dietary oil and therefore can be ingested.
The sage plant, also known as Salvia officinalis, is a member of the mint family. Sage Vitality™ is steamed distilled from the leaves and is known for its warm, earthy flavor that no Thanksgiving dinner could be without.
However, this potent essential oil is too good to be reserved solely for the holidays. Sage Vitality oil can also be a wonderful flavor enhancer for seafood, vegetables, breadsticks, corn breads, muffins, and other savory breads.
How to use: How to use: For internal use. To use as a dietary supplement, add to food, water or other beverages. Can also place a few drops in a vegetable capsule and take internally to support overall wellness
- Add to holiday dishes like stuffing to enjoy its signature flavor.
- Take as a dietary supplement to support a healthy digestive system.*
- Use Sage Vitality while baking winter squash to enhance the squash’s earthy flavors.
- Use Sage Vitality essential oil in soups and stews to add a wonderful flavor to signature winter dishes.
The great thing about vegetable soup is that you can add whatever you have on hand. Don’t fret if you don’t have these vegetables in your fridge – Substitute corn, cabbage, kale, asparagus, even orzo pasta…whatever!
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 6 cups vegetable broth (try making your own vegetable broth with kitchen scraps!)
- 1-2 drops Sage Vitality Essential oil
- 1-2 drops Thyme Vitality Essential oil
- S/P to taste
Add oil and garlic to pan and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots and celery and cook 5 minutes more. Add remaining ingredients (excepts essential oils) and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add essential oils and simmer for 10 minutes more.
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.