Present Time™ essential oil blend
“Dwell in stillness and to observe without reacting and without judging.” Jon Kabat-Zinn
Concentrating on the past or worrying about the future can be counterproductive. Present Time essential oil blend has an empowering scent that heightens the feeling of “being in the moment”.
Present time is a blend of just 3 oils:
- Neroli (Citrus aurantium)
- Spruce (Picea mariana)
- Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata)
Mindfulness Meditation (noun) : A mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Mindfulness meditation is stopping the glorification of busy. Stop looking at your cell phone when you are eating breakfast. Stop multitasking. What do you see? What do you hear? What are the tastes, smells, textures around you? There is no judgement, there is no right or wrong.
Mindfulness meditation has Buddhist roots, but has entered the American mainstream in part due to the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn and his book “Wherever you go there you are”. Google “Mindfulness Meditation” for a wealth of information that is beyond the scope of this blog.
To allow ourselves to be truly in touch with where we already are, no matter where that is, we have got to pause in our experience long enough to let the present moment sink in; long enough to actually feel the present moment, to see it in its fullness, to hold it in awareness and thereby come to know and understand it better.
― Jon Kabat-Zinn,
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- When diffused, Present Time™ helps you focus on the here and now, so you can get beyond the past and move forward.
- Rub a few drops of Present Time over the back of the neck. Leave the past and come into the present moment. Feel the power you have. Focus on the here and now; enjoy the new you.
- Put Present time on the back of neck and behind your ears and go for a walk. Focus on your steps, the sounds of leaves crunching beneath your feet. Focus on the shapes of the leaves and the smells around you.
- Diffuse Present time while meditating. Sit in the lotus position and just focus on the here and now. There is no past, there is no future, there is no right or wrong. Do a “body scan” – focus on your feet to the top of your head. Body part by body part. Do not try to change it or control it. There is just this moment.
- Visit this page for 6 quick mindfulness exercises by Alfred James. Diffuse or inhale Present Time to bring you to the moment.
What have you done today to be in the present moment?
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.