What are enzymes?
Enzymes are proteins that act at catalysts and help complex reactions occur within the body. Say you eat a piece of meat. Will that piece of meat break down by itself? Nope, you need enzymes for that. Is it the same enzyme that helps to break down carbohydrates? Nope, your body needs lots of different enzymes for lots of different purposes. There is a specific enzyme for every chemical reaction in the body.
For example, if someone is lactose intolerant, they lack the ability to produce Lactase, the enzyme responsible for breaking down lactose.
Why are enzymes important?
Enzymes are a catalyst, which means they speed up processes in the body. Without enzymes, these reactions would occur too slowly to keep you alive. So, I’d say that’s pretty important!!
My body has all these enzymes already, so I’m good, right?
Not so fast. It’s true you produce enzymes on your own and you can get more enzymes by eating a healthy diet. However, the high heat required to cook food can destroy enzymes. Also, everyday actions such as poor diet, exercise, air pollution, and aging can all destroy necessary enzymes leading to fatigue, lethargy and mood swings.
Ack! So what do I do?
Young Living has provided us with FIVE different enzyme products to help us replace necessary enzymes, helping our body work more efficiently.
- Essentialzyme™ (animal based): Time released caplet that contains tarragon, peppermint, anise, fennel, and clove essential oils to improve overall enzyme activity, reduce pancreatic stress, and support healthy pancreatic function.* Take 3x daily in between meals.
- Essentialzymes-4™ (animal and plant based): specially formulated to aid the critically needed digestion of dietary fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates commonly found in the modern processed diet.* Essential oils Anise, Rosemary, Ginger, Tarragon, Lemongrass and Fennel also support digestion.* Take two capsules (one dual dose blister pack) two times daily with largest meals (four capsules total).
- Allerzyme™ (Vegetarian): Time released capsule that contains 8 essential oils – tarragon, peppermint, ginger, juniper, fennel, lemongrass, anise, and patchouli essential oils. Also contains alpha-galactosidase enzyme which helps to break down beans.* Take 1 capsule three times daily just prior to all meals or as needed.
- Detoxzyme® (Vegetarian): Combines a myriad of powerful enzymes that complete digestion, help detoxify, and promote cleansing.* Essential oils Cumin, Anise, and Fennel further support digestion.* Take 2 capsules three times daily between meals or as needed.
- KidScents® MightyZyme (vegetarian): Chewable tablets designed to help children combat the negative effects of enzyme depletion. MightyZyme chewables address each of the digestive needs of growing bodies and assist normal digestion of all foods, including proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.* Also contains Alfalfa leaf, carrot root, and Peppermint essential oil. Take 1 tablet, three times daily prior to or with meals.
Note: Please read warning labels. Most enzyme products, with the exception of KidScents Mightyzyme, are not appropriate for kids under 12.
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.