Basil essential oil
Basil essential oil is used aromatically and topically while Basil Vitality essential oil is a dietary supplement and therefore can be ingested.
Basil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma that is very calming. Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to promote relaxation when diffused or applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is cooling to the skin when mixed with a carrier oil. When diffused, Basil helps promote focus and alertness.
Basil is a “hot” oil which means you should dilute it before applying directly to the skin. Start with a 1:1 ratio and start slowly to avoid potential skin irritation.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity. Dilution highly recommended.
- Diffuse Basil essential oil to promote alertness and focus – great to use while studying or reading
- Massage with wintergreen and carrier oil on back of neck for a cooling experience.
- Dab Basil essential oil mixed with a carrier oil on wrists for a quick pick me up.
- Diffuse to help get rid of odors in the home.
- After exercise, mix Basil essential oil with a carrier oil or massage oil and rub on muscles for a soothing experience.
- Add a couple drops of essential oil to a cotton ball and keep it in your closet for a fresh burst of goodness every time you open it
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.