Young Living Farms
To ensure that Young Living is able to control every step of the Seed to Seal process, they own 8 farms on 4 continents and partner or co-op farm with many other farms around the world. Gary Young travels the globe to scout for farms that offer ideal conditions for growing premium botanicals.
By cultivating, harvesting, and distilling many of their essential oils on their very own farms, Young Living has the unique ability to verify perfection at every step of their process. Combine this with extensive laboratory testing and independent audits, and it’s no wonder that Young Living routinely exceeds their own industry-leading quality standards.
Why you should care that Young Living owns its own farms
- over 4400 acres of farms in the world, has farms/distilleries on 5 continents, and in partnership with many others
- Chemical free weed control
- Unmatched oversight of planting, cultivation, distilling, testing and packaging
- Reforestation efforts
- Only the highest quality seeds from the most robust plants are replanted
- Plants are only harvested at their peak, even if that means some our favorite oils sometimes are out of stock. for example, Ylang ylang is harvested only at night, when the oil is most present in the flowers
- Young Living uses first distillation only to ensure the purest and highest quality oil
- Distillation facilities have the most state of the art technology on the planet
- Rigorous testing of each lot for purity and authenticity to ensure quality standards are met using GC-MS analysis
- Employs 3rd party testing
- Distributors can visit the farms and take part in the Seed to Seal process!
Whispering Springs Farm Utah, U.S.
The largest herb farm and distillery in the world, our lavender farm in Mona, Utah, features nearly 1,400 acres of fragrant herbs and is open to visitors year round.
Young Living Farm Guayaquil, Ecuador
Growing everything from eucalyptus blue to lemongrass to palo santo, our Ecuador farm boasts 2,000 acres of fertile ground and a state-of-the-art distillery.
St. Maries Farm Idaho, U.S
Previous to Young Living’s 1992 purchase of the land for the St. Maries farm, this area had never been exposed to chemicals, pesticides, and man-made fertilizers. This pristine condition makes the 200 acres of soil perfect for the cultivation of botanicals such as melissa, lavender, and tansy.
Highland Flats Tree Farm Idaho, U.S.
The Highland Flats tree farm is located near the small Idaho town of Naples, less than 50 miles from the U.S.-Canada border. Since 2000, the 250-acre farm has hosted the annual Winter Harvest, where distributors join in harvesting blue spruce, balsam fir, red cedar, and pine trees. Each spring, distributors also participate in the Spring Planting, an important reforestation project that replaces the harvested trees.
Simiane-la-Rotonde Farm Simiane, France
Young Living’s Simiane-la-Rotonde farm is located in Provence, a region of France renowned for its beauty, fragrant lavender fields, and summer-long festivals. Young Living takes advantage of this fertile land to grow clary sage, lavender, and einkorn wheat
Salalah Farm Salalah, Oman
In 2010, Gary acquired farm acreage in Oman for cultivating Boswellia sacra, or Sacred Frankincense. Now for the first time this precious oil is being distilled in Oman. Young Living is the first and only company in the world to have permission to export Sacred Frankincense to the West.
Young Living also cultivates Commipihora myrrha, the botanical used to distill myrrh, another prized biblical oil at the Omani farm.
OK, Tell me how to get started
Click HERE to order today!
Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.