Young Living’s Blue Cypress essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and wood of the rare Northern Cypress Pine, native only to Australia’s Northern Territory. The scientific name of Blue Cypress, Callitris intratropica, is derived from the Greek calli (beautiful) and treis (three), which references the tree’s triangular leaves that are arranged in spirals of three. This oil also has historical use as an additive in perfumes and as an adhesive.
Sometimes referred to as Blue Gold, Blue Cypress is a beautiful, cobalt blue and is the only naturally blue essential oil that comes from a tree. Other blue essential oils such as German Chamomile and Blue Tansy are from flowers. So distinctive and beloved is this tree’s aroma that it was chosen as the official fragrance of the Sydney 2000 Olympics.
Blue Cypress has been used for thousands of years by Australian aboriginal people in a variety of household and personal applications. Here are a few ways you can use Blue Cypress:
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Activity: Blue Cypress is great to use post-workout. Just add a few drops to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex, Ortho Ease® Massage Oil, or Ortho Sport® Massage Oil and rub it on muscles after physical workouts
- Skin health: Make Blue Cypress part of your daily skin care routine. Use Blue Cypress alone or blend it with Sacred Frankincense, Lavender, and Royal Hawaiian™ Sandalwood essential oils and apply topically to hydrate the skin after time outside.*
- Soothe: Add a drop or two of Blue Cypress to shaving cream, soap, or aftershave to help soothe skin.*
- Use in household cleaning: Add Blue Cypress to Thieves® Household Cleaner for an added aroma while cleaning.
- Perfume: a middle to Base note, Blue Cypress is a popular additive to perfume blends due to it’s stabilizing properties.
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.