Vetiver essential oil has an earthy and grounding aroma,bsimilar to patchouli with a touch of lemon. Vetiver can be diffused or used topically for its calming and relaxing fragrance. Vetiver includes the naturally occurring constituents isovalencenol, khusimol and beta-vetivone, and is included in the ART® Creme Masque, Melaleuca-Geranium Moisturizing Soap, Inspiration™ and Lady Sclareol™ essential oil blends, and SleepEssence™. Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides) has a heavy, earthy fragrance
Also known as “Khus oil”, the essential oil of vetiver is obtained through steam distillation of its roots. This is probably why the smell of this oil is often described as “earthy” and “herbaceous”. Vetiver is a thick and syrupy oil and is sometimes challenging to get out of the bottle, especially if it has been sitting for a long time. Use a toothpick to open up the air vent (center hole) or take the plastic orifice out and use a dropper if you are impatient, like me.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Diffuse: Diffuse this oil for a calming and relaxing fragrance throughout the home.
- Calming: Vetiver’s calming aroma is most potent through aromatic and topical use. Diffuse through the home, massage into the feet and toes, apply to the back of the neck or forehead, or use on the pillow or shirt collar.
- Promote a restful night’s sleep:This calming, grounding fragrance can be placed on the pillow, massaged into the soles of the feet, or applied to the back of the neck or forehead.*
- Grounding: Vetiver is wonderfully calming scent. I like to add a couple drops to my hands, rub together, hold to my face, close my eyes and slowly inhale.
- Bath: Add to Epsom salts in a bath for soothing experience. I recommend this to help you unwind before bedtime
- Perfume: Vetiver has an intoxicating scent. Described as woody, smokey, earthy, herbaceous etc it is a good base note. I would recommend using this oil in combination with other lighter scents to create a one of a kind blend.
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.