Wintergreen essential oil has a refreshing, minty, and sweet aroma. This stimulating and invigorating scent makes it an ideal addition to lotions and ointments that are applied after activity. Wintergreen includes the naturally occurring constituent methyl salicylate, and is an important ingredient in Deep Relief™ Roll-On, Ortho Ease® and Ortho Sport® Massage Oils, PanAway® essential oil blend, and BLM™.
The essential oil of wintergreen is highly poisonous due to the presence of Menthyl Salicylate and should NEVER be ingested. Wintergreen’s stimulating fragrance may be attractive to children so always keep the child-resistant cap in place.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Hand scrub: Add a minty aroma to a deodorizing hand scrub. Mix together 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons fine sea salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 drop Wintergreen essential oil in a small glass bowl. To use, rub over hands, and then rinse clean under warm water.
- Diffuse: The fresh aroma will bring a feeling of renewal and beginnings, a reflection of the outdoors as nature renews herself after winter.
- Massage: Mix Wintergreen with a carrier oil, such as Young Livings V-6 for a tingling sensation that lasts!
- Post workout: After you finish your workout, rub a few drops of Wintergreen on the back of your neck, then place a cool, wet washcloth on top. Now that’s refreshing!
- Peace out: Diffuse Wintergreen with Orange or Lemon to create an aroma that feels simultaneously invigorating and peaceful.
- Foot Soak: Mix with epsom salt and soak your feet after a hard days work. The wintergreen oil will help to relax and soothe your feet while the aroma will help relax and soothe your mind! (I always soak my feet with fresh flower petals – don’t you??)
- Sugar scrub:
- ¼ cup + 2 T V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 5 drops Bergamot
- 2 drops Wintergreen
- ¾ cup raw sugar
In a small bowl, mix V-6 oil with essential oils. Add mixture to raw sugar in a larger bowl and combine thoroughly. Store in an airtight jar.
Click HERE to order today!
Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.