While most other essential oils are obtained by steam distillation of fresh plant material, citrus oils are not amenable to that process. When heat is applied, the citral content is diminished resulting in a poor quality oil with a harsh aroma. Therefore many citrus oils, such as orange, are “cold-pressed” from the rind of the fruit.
How to use: For internal use. To use as a dietary supplement, add to food, water or other beverages. Can also place a few drops in a vegetable capsule and take internally to support overall wellness.
- Water: Drink a drop or 2 in your water to enjoy the benefits of d-limonene any time.
- Hot Chocolate: Add a drop to your hot chocolate for a delicious spin on a long time classic!
- Try substituting Orange Vitality for Peppermint Vitality in this recipe to make Orange Dreamsicles!
- Waffles: Add 1–4 drops of Orange Vitality essential oil to wet waffle mix.
- Oatmeal: Add 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark Vitality and 2 drops of Orange Vitality essential oil to a bowl of oatmeal or oat bran, and then sweeten with Blue Agave.
Click HERE to order today!
Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.