With a warm, balsamic aroma, the scent of cedarwood can help create a calming and comforting atmosphere when diffused. Combine with Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Clove, or Myrtle and apply topically to enjoy the outdoors annoyance-free. Cedarwood essential oil is also perfect to add to your favorite skin care products; apply topically or massage into the scalp for the appearance of healthy-looking hair. Cedarwood is an important ingredient in Brain Power, Grounding, Highest Potential essential oil blends and CelLite magic massage oil.
Cedarwood essential oil is steam-distilled from bark and is high in sesquiterpenes. Google Sesquiterpenes to learn more about this important constituent!
Cedarwood is a staple in this house for it’s calming properties which may promote a restful night’s sleep. The smell of cedarwood is, um, sharp. I believe the word is “urinous” – but it’s worth it! And if the smell is too much to take, then put it on the bottom of your feet and put on a pair of socks 🙂
See Young Living’s info-graphic on Cedarwood to learn even more about this oil.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Promote restful sleep: Diffuse at night or apply topically to help promote a restful sleep*
- Hair and scalp: Add to shampoo or massage on scalp to help maintain healthy looking hair and scalp*
- Smooth Skin: Add a few drops to your lotion to smooth your skin’s appearance.
- Diffuse: Diffise or use topically to promote a calming, relaxing and comforting atmosphere. Cedarwood blends well with Ylang ylang, Rosemary and/or Bergamot essential oils.
- Outdoors: Mix with Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Clove, or Myrtle and apply topically to enjoy the outdoors annoyance-free*
- Topical use: Add to favorite skin care products and apply topically
- Moisturize hair: Add 5-6 drops cedarwood to coconut or argon oil and massage into scalp. Wait 30-60 minutes before washing hair.
- Use Young Living’s recipe to make a non-toxic hair mask!
- Warm some coconut oil in the microwave until just melted. Let cool slightly, then add the V6 and essential oils. Apply evenly through hair and leave on for 15-30 minutes before washing hair thoroughly.
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.