Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) Vitality essential oil is obtained by steam-distilling the dried kernels of the ripe seeds of the nutmeg. This fruit is native to Moluccas Island, also known as the Spice Islands, but is also grown in Java (Indonesia), Penang (Malaysia), and Sri Lanka. The evergreen tree from which nutmeg is derived also produces another type of spice: mace.
Nutmeg has a sweet, warm, spicy scent similar to the spice commonly used in cooking. Comforting and soothing, nutmeg helps boost energy.
- Make this recipe for Butternut Squash Soup!
- Desserts: Add Nutmeg essential oil to Pumpkin, apple and banana flavored desserts
- Holiday Wassail:
- 6 c. Apple Cider/Apple Juice
- 2 c. Pineapple Juice
- 5 drops Clove Essential Oil
- 5 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 5 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
- (Try one or a mixture of any of the below)
- 4 Tbsp. Dried Wolfberries
- 1-2 Slique Tea Bags
- 2 oz. NingXia Red
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 2 drops Nutmeg Essential Oil
Add all ingredients to a 3-quart pot. Turn stove to medium/high and heat until hot. Serve and enjoy!
- Try a Banana Nutmeg smoothie: see below
Click HERE to order today!
Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.