What is frankincense essential oil? Frankincense is a tree or shrub that produces a gum or resin that can be steam distilled into an essential oil with many health benefits. Although frankincense trees can be grown anywhere, the region of Oman is known for producing the best, highest quality oils today.
Frankincense has long been revered and viewed as a holy oil in the Middle East. It was used ceremonially to create greater connection with the God of one’s faith. Many people have found that it’s a very grounding, spiritual oil and diffuse it during yoga classes, times of prayer or meditation, and religious services and ceremonies.
Frankincense also helps to maintain an even emotional keel. Many people have noticed that it works very well for both children and adults who find it difficult to focus due its calming and relaxing properties.
How to use: For aromatic or topical use. Diffuse, inhale, or add to bath water. Apply to crown of head, back of neck, behind ears or inside wrists. Possible skin sensitivity.
- Concentration: Apply 1-2 drops of frankincense essential oil to the back of your neck and your temples to promote concentration.*
- Fingernails: Apply 1-2 drops to the base of fingernails once a day to maintain healthy nails*
- Skin health: Apply 1-2 drops to skin as needed to help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin*
- Spirituality: Diffuse during times of prayer, meditation, religious ceremonies or services.
- Bath: Add a few drops to Epsom salts for a relaxing bath
Want some Frankincense Essential Oil for yourself?
Click HERE to order today!
*Disclaimer: I provide my personal opinion and experiences with essential oils, and I am not endorsed by the Young Living Corporation. None of what I talk about on this site has been evaluated by the FDA, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a registered physician and I encourage you to discuss your health concerns with your own doctor. I simply share resources and tools based on my own personal experiences.